In 2005, after I was 10 years previous, a child from my neighborhood was bear hugging a fallen tree trunk that bridged throughout our creek and yelled, “I better not see this on YouTube!”
That was the primary time I’d ever heard of YouTube. And it undoubtedly wasn’t the final time I’d hear about it. YouTube has skilled explosive progress because it was founded in an office garage in 2005. Just one 12 months after its inception, it was attracting greater than 65,000 new video uploads and 100 million video views per day. A few months later, the high-growth startup was acquired for over $1 billion by a titan in the tech business — Google.
Since then, YouTube has opened up avenues for manufacturers to promote on their movies and, in flip, let content material creators earn a dwelling simply by making movies. This potential for monetization has incentivized content material creators to craft essentially the most partaking movies attainable and host them on the platform, which has enabled YouTube to change into the second most trafficked website and the second largest search engine in the world.
As a video marketer, you already understand how essential building a YouTube presence is for reinforcing your movies’ and model’s visibility. But in the event you simply started your model’s YouTube channel or want some assist convincing your boss to double down in your YouTube efforts, we’ve received you lined.
Check out these stats concerning the platform’s cellular utilization, its demographics, subscriber progress, normal utilization, and historical past that may assist you construct your YouTube following or persuade your boss to focus extra of your efforts on the video platform.
YouTube Stats Every Video Marketer Should Know in 2021
What is the most-watched video on YouTube?
2. “Baby Shark Dance” by Pinkfong Kids’ Songs & Stories is the most-watched video on YouTube. It has acquired over 7.91 billion views since 2016.
YouTube Mobile Stats
4. On cellular gadgets alone, YouTube reaches more adults aged 18-49 during prime time than any cable network does in an average week.
5. 75% of adults report watching YouTube on their cellular gadgets.
6. More than 70% of YouTube watch time is generated from cellular gadgets.
7. Over 50,000 years of product review videos have been watched on mobile devices since 2017.
8. In 2020, YouTube was the fourth most popular IOS app after ZOOM, TikTok, and Disney+.
YouTube Demographics Stats
9. Over 77% of 15-35 year-old American internet users watch movies on YouTube.
10. Over 67% of American internet users who are aged 56 and over watch movies on YouTube.
11. Over 50% of YouTube’s audience is female.
12. 39.4% of social media users in the U.S. anticipated their YouTube utilization to extend considerably whereas staying at residence.
13. 24.3% of social media users in the U.S. anticipated their YouTube utilization to extend barely whereas staying at residence.
14. 70% of millennial YouTube users watched a YouTube video to discover ways to do one thing new or find out about one thing they’re in.
15. 16.6% of YouTube’s website visitors are from the United States.
16. YouTube attracts the most visitors from the United States, India, and Japan.
17. YouTube is available in more than 100 countries.
18. YouTube is obtainable in 80 different languages.
YouTube Subscriber Growth Stats
19. The variety of channels with greater than 1 million subscribers elevated by greater than 65% since last year.
20. The variety of YouTubers who earn six figures per 12 months has elevated by more than 40% since last year.
21. The variety of YouTubers who earn 5 figures per 12 months has elevated by more than 50% since last year.
22. The high ten YouTubers earned 30% more revenue from June of 2019 to June of 2020 in comparison with the earlier 12 months.
23. T-Series, a Hindi music channel, is the most popular YouTube channel with 171 million subscribers, adopted by PewDiePie with 109 million subscribers.
24. The most popular branded YouTube channel is LEGO, which has over 10.04 billion views.
YouTube Usage Stats
25. YouTube is the world’s second largest search engine.
26. YouTube is the second most trafficked website behind Google.
27. YouTube customers collectively watch over 1 billion hours of content daily.
28. Watch time for shopping-related movies grew greater than 5X in the U.S. between 2016 and 2018.
29. The majority of the most popular YouTube videos are music movies.
30. YouTube is the most popular music streaming site.
31. 70% of viewers say that YouTube makes them extra conscious of recent manufacturers.
32. Viewers say they’re twice as likely to buy something they saw on YouTube.
33. Viewers are four times more likely to use YouTube to search out details about a model, product, or service (vs. different platforms).
34. YouTube customers watch more than 180 million hours of content on TV screens daily.
35. YouTube customers are three times more likely to prefer watching a YouTube tutorial video in comparison with studying the product’s directions.
36. “Relaxing” and “feeling entertained” are the top two reasons viewers watch YouTube.
37. Relaxation movies like cleaning soap chopping and slime taking part in experienced a 70% increase in watch time in 2018.
38. Comedy, music, leisure/popular culture, and “how to” are the four most popular content categories on YouTube.
YouTube History Stats
39. “YouTube.com” was activated on February 14, 2005.
40. “Me at the zoo” was the first video uploaded to YouTube on April 25, 2005.
41. Google purchased YouTube for $1.65 billion on October 9, 2006.
42. YouTube launched InVideo ads in December 2007.
43. YouTube streamed the United States presidential debates for the primary time in 2012.
44. The youngest profitable YouTuber is Ryan ToysReview, who’s a 8-year previous boy who makes $22 million a 12 months and has 22 million subscribers.
45. “Gangnam Style”’s surge in reputation broke the video’s view counter.
46. YouTube supplies a free space in Los Angeles the place YouTubers with over 10,000 subscribers can be taught, join, and create movies with one another.
47. The first YouTube video that reached one million views was a 2005 Nike advert that featured soccer star, Ronaldinho.
48. The YouTube video that received the most views in 24 hours is BTS’s “Dynamite” music video, which attracted 101.1 million views in a single day.
49. The most liked video on YouTube is the music video for the tune “Despacito” by Luis Fonsi that includes Daddy Yankee. It has acquired over 42.71 million likes and boasts an 89.65% like proportion.
50. YouTube’s personal YouTube Rewind 2018 video is the most disliked video on the platform. It has acquired over 18 million dislikes and owns an 86.38% dislike proportion.
Editor’s notice: This put up was initially revealed in February 2019 and has been up to date for comprehensiveness.