Yields: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
What Is A Hobo Foil Packet?
A hobo foil packet is a fast, easy meal answer fashionable amongst campers. It’s a bundle of cut-up substances which can be packed into some foil and thrown on prime of the campfire. Don’t have a campfire? No sweat. Let your youngsters make their very own foil pack and pop ’em in your oven for a enjoyable and tremendous easy household night time meal.
Sausage And Peppers On Sourdough Crostini Ingredients
- 1 pound hen or turkey sausage
- 2 pink bell peppers, sliced
- 2 inexperienced bell peppers, sliced
- 1 massive candy onion
- 8 Crimini mushrooms, sliced
- Thyme, contemporary sprigs
- Dried Oregano
- Sourdough bread
- Marinara sauce
Hobo Foil Packet Directions
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Remove sausage from casing. Section sausage into quarter-size balls (they don’t should be completely spherical).
- Place sausage, peppers, onion, mushrooms, 1-2 sprigs of thyme, and a splash of oregano on a 10″ foil sheet.
- Top with a second sheet of foil and fold edges collectively to create a packet. Makes about 4 hobo packs.
- Place packs on a baking sheet. Cook for 35 minutes.
NOTE: Do not open packets to verify them. Removing the steam will gradual the cooking course of.
Sourdough Crostini Directions
- Place 1 tablespoon oil in a pan on medium warmth.
- Toast either side of sourdough bread.
- Serve sausage and peppers on toast with a aspect of sauce.